Sunday, September 6, 2009

Strawberry, Blackberry, Rhubarb Pie

My family came up for a visit in August and we decided to go on a 3.4 mile hike at Blackcreek Park. We were rushed on time so we were hauling! However, we kept passing massive amounts of blackberry bushes and they looked so tempting! After awhile we just couldn't take the temptation any longer and we starting picking despite our lack of time. And that's when I noticed my sister surrounded by a massive swarm of mosquitoes, they were everywhere. They were around my mom and I too. I screamed Run telling everyone to abort the blackberry mission and get to safety. It was quite the memory. All that to say that we only picked about half the blackberries I would have needed for a pie. So...I got creative and made up a recipe for strawberry, blackberry, rhubarb pie. It was delicious. Ben can vouch for that (I hope!) So I posted a picture on my blog so someone can show my Grandma Jo. Mmm...wish I had a piece now.